Over the past 2 years SpaceKenya.com has gone from a business started in an Old Pentium 2 machine in a Cyber Cafe in the heart of Nairobi to a Medium sized outfit with an Office and a Data Center to serve our customers better.
Here are 4 Simple tips that have seen us make this modest success in such a short time.
1. KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER: This is a fundamental step in any Business and probably where most fail. Ask yourself what services are you offering and how many people roughly would need this service. You can use tools like Whiver.com to understand what Kenyans need. In summary FIND -> ANALYZE -> USE DATA (RESEARCH)
2. ESTABLISH AN ONLINE PRESENCE: Whether it standing the middle of Kenyatta Avenue with a billboard, you have to find your customer or they just will not come.This is what you need
- An Official EMAIL and/or WEBSITE: The BIG mistake people make is they sign up for FREE services BIG BIG BIG Mistake. Your Grandmother was right! There is nothing for FREE!!! When you sign up for a free service what you are basically doing is selling the secrets of your Business to your competitor because the Free Host scans, reads and sells your data to the highest bidder who is most probably your next door competitor… and you wonder why you never seem to catch the BIG BREAK… Huh now you know
- Solution: Go to SpaceKenya.com search for a cool official Email and Website name and pay as little as Kshs 2500 for your Official Private Secure and Kenyan BRAND. We also do fantastic Web Design as well… See Portfolio
3. ADVERTISE YOUR PRESENCE: Ok you now have the best Kenyan website but no Business is coming through
- You need to get Business Cards done ASAP with important contact and location details on the card. Contact email@example.com for 1,000 Business Card Design and Printing @Kshs 6,000
- You need to Add your website URL to your email signature
- Most importantly the rule of thumb is to add and create a Profile or Classified listing on Kenyan Social Media e.g. Whive.com Add your profile link to your email signature E.G. ours is http://www.whive.com/spacekenya Don’t wait do this now !!!
- In Kenya SMS SMS and SMS is the answer for you advertising needs 10,000 SMS Ads will get you at least 3,000 potential customers. Don’t take my word for it, try out the service at http://SMS254.com SMS cost only KShs 1.80/SMS.
- Word of advice TV, RADIO, NEWSPAPERS are a waste of time if you don’t have MILLIONS to spend advertising. They are known as CORPORATE MEDIA. What you really need is SOCIAL MEDIA. This is without a doubt the GOOSE that LAYS the GOLDEN EGGS.
4.ENGAGE THE CUSTOMER: To engage the customer you need to be SOCIAL. This is easy if you are a Kenyan. You remember the way you used to yap when the teacher left the classroom? Yes just do the same on the Internet about your product or service. To see the full picture I advice you to go thoroughly through our website www.Whive.org
But to summarize this is what you need to do, if possible starting tomorrow.
- Analyze your web traffic, if you are hosted with us just log into the Cpanel and go to WEB STATS. Its fun almost like sorcery or what my teacher called math, but hey we need to do this at least on a monthly basis.
- Adjust your Business Plan accordingly, its not wrong, Hawkers do it by running away from the City Council and setting up shop elsewhere. You can do it with a few adjustments to your website.
- USE SMS (sms254.com) and SOCIAL MEDIA (whive.com or whive.mobi for mobile)to put your business on the map SOCIALLY.
This simple but modest budget plan (Not more than Kshs 30,000 by my count) will see you off in a very big way. It doesn’t matter if you are a Supplier or Muratina brewer (I hear its the next big business) this WEB BUSINESS PLAN will work for YOU.
NB: I have created the SPACE KENYA NETWORKS BUSINESS GROUP here please join and create a profile of your business there are over 1000 Business in my network each selling a service the other might need. Millions in trading between each other can happen just within this platform so do create your profile and share what you are doing with the group.
THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN SPONSORED BY WWW.ImperialToursAndTravel.COM KENYA’S NO 1 TRAVEL AGENCY @ 1st flr yaya centre